Thursday, May 15, 2008

May 15th Issue


Hannah & Erich in their Dueling Banjos face-off as they rehearse for Privies and Party Lines, Romance & Rumble Seats to be presented this weekend.

Brit-Bound

Issue #21…Wendy takes the stage as her cast preps for the final show of their high school career.


A Friendly Reminder…

Keith is still 8 people short in paying the $50 for our airport transport. Please speed it along to him as soon as possible. I have a birthday coming up in November and I want to make sure he has the funds to buy me a present.

In Case You Didn’t Know…

We have the world’s #1 most avid, fanatic and dedicated Beatles fan among our group. To avoid her embarrassment I won’t give her name, but she happens to be married to Dude Wildrick. So..in honor of the unnamed lady, I thought I’d pass along the word about a London two stores across the road from each other on Baker Street.. “The Beatles Store” and “It’s Only Rock and Roll.” Here’s the blurb:

“From clothing and bags, to mugs, lunch boxes and magnets, to miniature guitars, drum kits and figurines - be it kitsch or collectible, you will find your Beatles paraphernalia here.

Across the road at ‘It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll’ the scope broadens to include the likes of Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, The Who and Pink Floyd, plus loads more.

Upstairs at the Baker St location, ‘It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll’ has a Beatles gallery featuring original Beatles memorabilia, art, film & promo posters, autographs, photography and other rare Beatles items.”

Kay’s Pass-along

Kay Welsh passed along an interesting site in that it seems to narrow down the most popular London attractions. Log onto londonpass.com to view.

The Bucks Have Stopped Here…

I think Keith or I have contacted everyone, but the foreign currency has arrived at Franklin Bank and by now most of you have picked it up for Keith. I picked mine up on the way to play for a church service at Lake Jacksonville. Both Andrew and Travis were also at the service. When I showed the money to Travis, he said, “Oh come on. Where’s the real stuff?”

You can take the boy out of the country, but….

One Fine Guy…

Our sympathy and prayers to fellow traveler Wendy Love and her family. Wendy’s grandfather, Wayne Briggs, was simply one of the finest men I’ve ever known. I know that he and Grandma Judy were very excited when they heard that Wendy would be going to Europe this summer. Another of our group, Virgene Burnham, was also a great friend of Wayne and remains one of Judy’s closest chums.

They Even Have a Name for It

And I wish I could think of it. Psychologists have actually given a name to the strange affliction that attacks many travelers just before departure. Although the exact psychiatric term eludes me at the moment, it’s that insane feeling that you’ve just made a horrible mistake and shouldn’t be going. This was crazy! Why did I ever sign up? What was I thinking?

The good news: it happens to most folks. Just grin and say, “Wow! I’m normal!”

A “Short” Report

Okay, so I finally received my six-pack of “disposable underwear.” How can I describe these things? Think plasti-coated paper towel… think “Depends.” I tried on a pair and among other things found them to be opaque. Remembering how Mom always told us to wear our best underwear in case we were in an auto accident, I tried to figure out my travel schedule for the day.

In BRIEF, I gave one pair to Nick Stephens with a quotation from Huckleberry Finn where Huck says, “You go first, Jim. I’s skeered.” I tossed a second pair to Travis just as he was about to get to sing at church…thought he might get a whole new meaning of sanctification.

No comments: