Saturday, November 24, 2007

Welcome to the Brit-Bound Blog!


This is an experiment in both the Internet usage and my intelligence. As my nephew Doug continues to teach me the in's and out's of blogging, we'll have more available on this space. The big advantage that blogging gives our group is that YOU can respond to what's going on as opposed to my one-directional newsletter. And when you respond we'll learn more about our fellow travelers.
As I write this, I'm just now recovering from a trail ride along the Sangamon River. My sister-in-law Nancy, in an effort to get Keith and I ready for walking all over Ireland, forced us to ride horses before our Thanksgiving dinner was settled. Beware of this lady once we hit Great Britain and if she even whispers "horse," run the other way.
We'll see how this method of communication works as the weeks go along. Please feel free to log in and leave your own comments. Eventually I plan to figure out how to post our newsletters online.


5 comments:

mkayw said...

Hello! Since I'm a night owl--I'll be the first. I won't begin to remember all the great history info,KB--but will sure be ready to explore the new horizons! my walking shoes are always ready,Nancy-- but Horses?! (That would have been interesting)How are you walking now? Blessings,to all--Kay

Anonymous said...

Hey Ken, The Ryders in Springfield think this is a GREAT idea. By the time we depart, we'll all be well acquainted and over that awkward "getting to know you" stage. Well done! Peggy and Tom

Ken said...

Hey! Great to hear from Kay, Tom and Peggy! The spelling was correct so I assume that Peggy did the post.
To everyone: as soon as we settle into this system, I'll archive the earlier newsletters onto this blog so you'll have them all in one neat place.
--Ken

Keith said...

Illinois Blog
Irish Bog
Travel Log
Organizational Cog

(for those who do not know me I am really not this wierd)
Keith B.

Anonymous said...

We got the walking down path, don't know about the horse part though...